I can sense it from here, all the way through the computer…you’re confused and looking for guidance. Don’t worry young Gromster, I’m here to hold your hand and walk you down the path of knowledge to TST enlightenment. Okay, all I’m gonna do is break down your options, but it sounds way fancier the other way, so I’m gonna keep that up.
I’m going to be focusing on the 2017+ Grom, but don’t fret if you have the 2013-2016 model. The same information applies, and I’ll add special links that look like this “’13-’16 Peeps CLICK HERE” so you can easily find the parts that correspond to your Grom model.
I’m going to assume that you’re sitting there, sad and confused, with a completely stock Grom, because buying some other non-TST tail solution is blasphemy and I can’t handle it. So let’s start from stock.
OEM FENDER WITH TST TAIL LIGHT
If you are dead set on keeping your Honda Grom’s stock fender (which I have no idea why you would, but maybe you ride through the rain a lot…I dunno) you can still get your feet wet in the TST pool. Our TST Programmable & Sequential LED Integrated Tail Light is a direct OEM replacement and maintains the same footprint and mounting geometry. But don’t be mistaken, there’s nothing “stock” about this tail light. It is all TST, inside and out. We designed a custom lens that works with a dual-layered light board to provide a unique running light design and 9 programmable light modes. It’s the way to go if you want to freshen up your Grom while not performing any major modifications.
TST Programmable & Sequential LED Integrated Tail Light
– Compatible with both Honda Grom generations
– Works anywhere the OEM tail light works – including use of the stock fender
– 9 programmable light modes
– Compatible with the TST Fender Eliminator for Honda Grom 2017+ (’13-’16 Peeps CLICK HERE)
– Not compatible with the full TST Undertail, Fender Eliminator, and Integrated Tail Light System (last section in this article)
– Simple installation and plug-and-play wiring
LET’S DITCH THE FENDER AND STOCK TAIL LIGHT WITHOUT CUTTING ANYTHING
TST Fender Eliminator for Honda Grom 2017+ (’13-’16 Peeps CLICK HERE)
– Works with the OEM tail light or TST Programmable & Sequential LED Integrated Tail Light
– Does not require any cutting or modification
– Two different license plate mounts available
– Easier on the wallet than our full TST Undertail, Fender Eliminator, and Integrated Tail Light System
GET THE SAW!!!!!
Speaking of cutting your subtray, now to the part where we cut your subtray!
But it’s really easy, so don’t stress out. Even I did it to my 2017 Grom by only watching our Installation Video, and I’m no mechanic, believe me. Plus, if you mess up, it’s a $9 part to replace. If you already have this installed on your Grom and want to switch to the other tail light, all you need is a new OEM subtray and if you let our customer service team know, we can get you a replacement shipped out fast.
This option is if you want an all-in-one solution that revamps the tail of your Grom entirely. There’s absolutely nothing stock about it, and it gives your 125cc beast the ass of a much more refined machine. We developed a completely new undertail that envelopes our LED Integrated Tail Light. There are three license plate brackets available, so you can pick between low-mount, fixed high-mount, or adjustable high-mount. Installation is an easy process if you follow along with Bart in our install video (’13-’16 Peeps Click HERE), and easily tackled in about an hour. The tail light features a ducted design and fits within the texture matched undertail that honestly looks like an OEM component once installed. The tail light does not feature our 9 programmable light modes, but with the help of our plug-and-play TST Brake Light Modulator, it can have some of the same safety advantages as our other tail light offering. Those light modes were only omitted due to a lack of space within the tail light circuitry.
TST Undertail, Fender Eliminator, and Integrated Tail Light System (’13-’16 Peeps CLICK HERE)
– Unique undertail and integrated tail light that only works within this kit
– Must trim the OEM subtray – but it’s very easy
– Plug-and-play wiring
– Three different license plate mounts available
– Does not have programmable or sequential light modes – but is compatible with our TST Brake Light Modulator to supply additional light functionality.
We did it…finally! Those are the options that we here at TST Industries have created to help you customize your Honda Grom into a two-wheeled beast as unique as you are. My fingers are tired from typing all of this, but I think I’ve guided you to TST enlightenment, but if I failed miserably at this task and you still have some questions, just give us a call and we’ll get you taken care of! After talking about Groms all afternoon, I’m really in the mood to take mine for spin, so I’m heading out to give my typing fingers a rest. Keep it shiny side up!